Followers

Sunday 24 January 2016

Weekend Nearly Over

I'd be a liar if I said that this was the best weekend ever but I have had worse...I think. Everyone but me is ill. So not a huge amount of time to spare. I did get a bit of time yesterday to do some work and I was hoping for a little more today but that didn't happen.

I have started using old GW paint pots to put the figures I am painting on. In my searching the internet for ways to improve my painting, I have seen people using this a lot. The older pots have a bit more heft to them and the base (with a little clipping) is almost the perfect size for 2p bases. I don't know why I didn't do this years ago.

Another thing I intend to change to this year is a wet palette. To do this I need to use paint differently and the GW paint pots make this a bit of a problem. So I think I am going to buy some dropper bottles to put some of the paint in. This will mean a hundred plus bottles. My current work bench is not the most stable so I am thinking about putting small magnets in them to keep the bottles on the racks by lining the racks with steel paper.

There are a few potential downsides. I am pretty sure that rare earth magnets should not effect the paint. The magnet should also help with mixing the paint when I shake the pot. I will also lose some paint in the process. Looking at the pots I am using for basing, I have taken huge amounts of dried up paint out of them which has air dried over time so maybe it will be cost/waste neutral. Then there is the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment