Followers

Sunday 6 April 2014

Paint Table Monday?


Again, I have managed to pick up a brush and paint. My drive has taken me to a few different places today. I started off with the dwarves  I was painting yesterday. I wanted to do some work on the bases before starting on dry brushing but the glue on the bases is still wet and wet enough that I don't want to move them. Then I moved on to doing some Mirliton female magic users. Got bored and moved on to doing some more of the Army of the Dead miniatures. I've a nearly finished them. They just need dry brushing and a bit of tarting up the bases and I'm done with them. I was painting some (about fifty) kobolds a while back.

I have a few other choices for what to do next. I really need to focus on the Viking game but I keep wanting to do something else. I have some ideas for RPGs that I want to work on but need something to focus on. This might be down to low blood sugar because I am on a diet. I've lost just over half a stone already so something is going well.

My blog is going well. there seems to have been an upsurge of traffic of late, some new members and new follows.  I've gone over the fifty thousand mark, I've nearly got to three hundred posts and my blog is nearly two years old.

I seen a lot of people doing Paint Table Saturday so I thought I'd have a look. I'm not sure I can commit to enough to make it worth while me doing it but I am still thinking about it. Watch this space but until then, I think you should have a look at it. It might help you get some painting mojo going, go knows I need some at the moment.

6 comments:

  1. Ah, tomorrow - my favorite day!

    I can't relate to your painting jumping. I can't even prime a miniature unless I'm sure I'll paint it straight away. I can't move to another until I get those done,but then again, if I get bored I rush and if I rush, they come out bad and I hate them :D
    I feel painting saturdays are just another wip posts, but those are better posted when you got something nice to show :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow, always a day away?
      I have a tendency to work really hard on something, Then I give up just before everything is finished. My boss used to tell me that I am not a completer finisher. I might get round to doing the paint table Saturday thing.

      Delete
  2. I've found paint table a real boon, although sometimes I feel a fraud posting as I have done very little from one week to another. What it does do is give me the opportunity to keep posting regularly and this in turn keeps me interested in all things hobby related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could use something to keep me on track. I found the Zomtober thing good for getting me to finish things.
      We are all frauds when it comes to blogging in as much as well all try to put our best foot forward.

      Delete
  3. The trick is not to get distracted by bright shiny thing. Ooh look its an Ogre... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Distracted? Me? Ogre? Shiny? Mmmmm Ogre.

      Delete