Followers

Sunday 9 March 2014

Spent The Day Painting...

None of this Paint Table Saturday for me.

I have spent the day painting. Trouble is it was with an emulsion brush and not a 000 sable. There are those that might say this would not seriously affect my painting. But I knock the knockers.

Seriously though, I have been painting my mother-in-law's back passage. :-) That, for those for whom English is not their first language is probably as rude as it sounds. Sentences like that should only be spoken aloud when impersonating Frankie Howard or Les Dawson.

I was hoping to do some painting yesterday as I was promised that I could have a day to do what I wanted to do. As it turned out, I apparently wanted to go to the supermarket, a DIY store, Hobby craft and to see The Monuments Men. Apparently I didn't want to spend the day painting or anything I would I would have liked to do on any other day. :-)

Today I have spent about an hour painting things other than walls. So not all that good. This is usually the day I do a lot of bulk stuff that I finish off during the week so the pickings next week might be a bit slim.

On a personal note, I have to mark the passing of the tub of paint I have been using to paint zombies for years, Festering Green. It is just getting too claggy to be usable. So will have to go the way of all flesh, I mean paint. I have a replacement but it's not quite the same.

So what have I actually done? Well I have glued some shields on some Saxons. these were the Saxons I showed you all the other day. So no major progress here. I still need to do the shield transfers and finish the basing. So not done yet. I still have a lot of work to do on the Viking game yet to come.

I have been playing around with a few zombies. No matter how hard I try, I can't get some of the plastics to look right. They do okay but they lack the detail of their metal counterparts. This does not bother me so much as I expect them to end up as zombie mobs, four to a base, rather than as singles where their failing may be more obvious.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have just followed ' painting my mother-in-law's back passage' with ' playing around with some zombies' and thus had a more eventful weekend than I certainly did! However, on the same note, I often have days promised to me to spend as I like, but it seldom works out that way! How we suffer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My weekends are never eventful in a way I want. I like my weekends t be as uneventful as possible.

      Delete