Followers

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Viking Game - What's On The Workbench

Most of my attention is focused on the Viking game at the moment. It is due to start in twelve weeks so I have a bit of work to do yet. I don't know if I am going to finish painting them alll off. I suspect that I will concentrate on adding finishing touches to stuff off closer to the game such as basing and shields. In the mean time, I'll see what models I can finish off.
What I am short of at the moment is bad guys. When I have previously painting Opfors in fantasy games I have chosen a colour scheme that stands out. I have spent some money on eBay buying up old GW stuff that should hopefully fit the bill. There are some Army of the Dead miniatures and some small ent monsters. I am hoping that these will be quick to do. Whilst the painting might involve a bit of work, the colour palette is limited on them so should be quite quick even if I put the work in.

There is a fair bit of stuff from Mirliton to do. These are mainly elves, magic users, clerics and barbarians but there are some nice evil dwarves too. There are some more warriors from Gripping Beast to round out my forces. There are even a few more civilians to do most of which are from Foundry. Amongst the odds and sods are some Warlord casualties. These may be a bit of a cheat as they are supposed to be Celts but if I don't tell anyone, I am sure no one will notice.

I wonder how many I am going to finish.

2 comments:

  1. You have plenty to work on then :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have spent a lot of money on storage trays so I somewhere to put the finished minis. I had better get working

      Delete