Followers

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Federal Navy Almost Done











 
I had a look at the picture on the Babylon 5 post I did earlier today and it made me feel a little bit glum. I took the picture late yesterday and have worked on them last night and this morning. I need to put some insignia on them but otherwise they are done. I am pretty pleased with them.
I haven't painted any Mongoose figures before (I think they were Mongoose anyway) and I was a little disappointedwith the miniatures. The poses are fine but the lips seem to have been welded on as an afterthought. I have put some iris' and eyebrows on and played around with the faces a bit. It is a fine line between accuracy, putting on something that people can see and recognise as a face and kabuki make up.

No comments:

Post a Comment