Followers

Thursday 20 September 2012

Savage Lhurgg Tribesmen

I put off doing some more zombie for another day. I have ten Lhurrg tribesmen that are crying out to be painted. these were hard work. Wherever I put the paint it just seemed wrong. Even with a couple of highlights and an ink wash I am still not sure I have it right. This is probably because I picked the wrong colour as the base for the figure. They have the look of a goat so I wanted them to look vaguely goat like. Their faces are unusually alien. I could almost see a fish with jaws and a tongue sticking out. I like the huge sword as a melee weapon (They don't like it up em springs to mind. This will lose a lot in translation if you are not British so I apologise).
Ten in a pack isn't pad for the money as they are quite tall miniatures. Just to give you an idea here is a size comparison with some stuff I have painted recently.

Left to right: FOW, GZG, Rebel Minis, Khurasan, CMG RAFM and Khurasan again. Just a quick look shows that they are fairly tall. They are alien so I guess that just makes them a big species. Their size and huge swords mean (not they are over compensating and this wouldn't be a surprise as the minis are anatomically correct) that they would be fairly imposing in close quarter combat. Klingons with swords and hooves.
I don't think these will go down as my finest hour but the end result will look okay on the table.

The next batch of zombies is on the cards. Almost thirty if them. Mostly they are Rebel zombies but there are a few conversions of Rebel Minis Rioters and they odd figure from random places. 

2 comments:

  1. I've got a a load of these. They make a nice feral force in TW. I have also had them as allies like native Americans to the British and French in colonial America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about buying Zulus, painting them purple and maybe trying to do some weapon conversions. These were to be used as scouts or native infantry. Maybe I could use colonial native Americans as well. Weren't they mainly woodland Indians?

    ReplyDelete