Followers

Monday 20 August 2012

Two Weeks

I just realised that it has been two weeks since I posted anything. That came as a bit of a shock as time seems to be passing by. Stuff seems to have gotten in the way a fair bit just of late. Mainly I guess it's because I haven't being too much that is hobby related. I have kind of let some of my other interests take over for a bit.

Firstly there were some hills. I have a lot of big hills. These were really designed to cover the options for random terrain for Flames of War. Still useful for other stuff but I thought I needed some smaller hills just to break up the terrain.
Simple polystyrene and sand hills
I see a lot of very open gaming boards which not only don't do much for me but I think lead to very unimaginative gaming. I believe in fairly accurate shooting ranges so you can get fairly big fields of fire. snipers could be several (table) feet away and artillery could be on the other side of the street. Many games, FOW in particular, compress ranges to make a game more interesting. It might make a competition game but that is not really my style. There is no need to do the daylight charge across no-man's land I thought it made some sense to clutter stuff up a bit.

In various places I have seen some bus shelters. I think some of the were for infinity and others were for a post apocalypse game. I tried this as a proof of concept. The idea was to put something together that looked close enough.
MDF bus shelter

This is simple some bits of mdf wargaming bases that I had on hand. This sent me down the road of using mdf to make up some other bits as well.

I have some more terrain bits an pieces on the way so pay attention over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment